Sunday, August 10, 2014

Update!

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to write a product update on the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask.  I had posted about this quite some time ago and I absolutely love it! I just thought it would be good to follow up with you guys on how Im feeling about the product now!

After my post I continued to use the mask nightly.  However, at some point, I stopped using it.  I can't remember if I had been traveling or if I was just lazy (lets be real: I was probably just being lazy).  And after two days of not using it, my lips completely chapped up! It was awful! My lips were constantly burning and peeling like crazy!  People were asking me what was going on with my lips (and not just my friends; other random people I work with began asking me too! Super embarrassing)

I then realized my problem.

This is a lip MASK; this is not a lip BALM. Like face masks, you should not be applying them every day because it strips your skin of the natural oils and causes more damage than good.  This is precisely what happened with this lip treatment.

This product is extremely hydrating and plumps my lips beautifully.  However, with constant use, it was actually damaging my lips and causing them to be dependent on the product.

It took about a month of lip exfoliating (again, NOT everyday) for my lips to normalize again.

Don't get me wrong; I LOVE this lip treatment.  I just use it 2-3 times a week instead of everyday and I still see the effects of it.

This has just been my personal experience with the product.  I am sure people with different skin types and sensitivities must have different reactions to different products!

I hope this has been useful for you guys!
Let me know if you want more product updates soon!

I also have a small Sephora hall coming up!

Stay tuned :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment