Thursday, May 15, 2014

May Birchbox Unboxing

Hey guys! So so sorry for taking so long to put something new up on the blog! My schedule has been beyond hectic.  Today's post is going to be all about my May Birchbox! For those of you who don't know, Birchbox is a beauty company.  You register online and fill out a beauty profile about what interests you and what type of beauty and skincare products you enjoy.  For 10$ a month, they send you a box filled with samples of new products to try out! Its really a great and fun way to try out new brands and products.  Ive been a member since January and have been pretty happy with my box every month!
They also have a great rewards program.  Check out the website to read all about it (www.birchbox.com)

So onto my unboxing! Ive only tried two of the products so far, but I wanted to show you guys everything I got this month!



I definitely enjoyed the packaging! It was a lot of fun; and yellow is my absolute favorite color

First thing I got in the box is this Laqa and Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in the color Menatour.  I was petrified of this color when I first saw it.  I am usually more of the nudes/light pinks when it comes to lips but this was shockingly purple.  Even the swatch looked a bit intimidating.  However, when I put it on I fell in love.  First of all, it glides on incredibly smoothly; just like butter.  Its definitely not drying (not too hydrating, but my lips did not flake at all).  The color faded in a few hours but it did leave a nice stain to the lips which lasted all day! I have a picture down below of what it looks like on my lips (I apologize for the awful image quality; I promise my new camera will be coming soon!!)
Overall, I am happy with this product.  The full size retails for 18$.

Next product I got was Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream (full size retails for 20$)

I don't really use shaving cream so this product is kind of a waste on me.  I use Suave hair conditioner (weird I know; but it provides SOOO much hydration and leaves your skin silky smooth!).  I have not tried this product out yet either, but it does smell wonderful.  The scent I got was acai grapefruit.  It has a pleasant citrusy smell to it.  I do think Ill enjoy this, but I probably won't purchase a full sized product.  20$ for shaving cream is a bit steep; and I love my Sauve substitute :)!

Next up was the SmartyPants All in One Gummy Vitamins for Adults. I could not believe that I got vitamins in my birch box this month! I was so so disappointed.  Usually they give something delicious to try out, but I did not expect to get vitamins.  And the package size was pathetic.  It came with 2 gummies (a third of the serving size!)
Heres a picture of the nutrition information and what the gummies looked like.
 

These were shockingly good.  They are vitamins so they don't taste exactly like gummies but they were great! And easy to chew (unlike the one a day chewable vitamins which can get pretty tough).  They also contain omega-3 fatty acids which the one a day ones don't; something I also liked. The full price of this product is 30$ and it comes with 30 servings (which is 6 gummies).  Although these were great, Im not sure that I will be purchasing the full sample simply based on the price tag.  30$ for just a month of vitamins seems a bit pricey to me! 

Next up was the Number 4 Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner.  

I have heard amazing things about this brand so I was excited to try it out.  However the samples again are so poorly made! The shampoo is pretty tiny (maybe 3 washes) and the conditioner is in a flimsy foil packaging! Im expecting good things from the product, but severely disappointed with the sample size and packaging with this one! The full size shampoo retails for 34$ and the conditioner is 36$

The last product I got was the CoTZ Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40, which retails for 20$.  

This product is super interesting.  It is a natural skin toned SPF cream.  I have been hearing a lot about these types of sun screens so I was excited to try it.  Again the sample size is tinsy!! I don't know what happened to birchbox this month, but the sample sizes were so small! This sun screen is also supposed to leave behind a matte finish and can be used under makeup! So even tho the sample size is tiny, I am excited to try this out! And the price tag isn't to steep, so if its a product I enjoy, I won't mind purchasing it!

Finally, Birchbox partnered up with Kate Spade Saturday this month.  In every box theres this coupon.

My computer refuses to rotate this picture so I apologize but I wanted to show this to you! This was kind of nice.  Its a coupon for 25$ off a 75$ purchase.  Ive been meaning to try out this line so I can't wait to use the coupon! Let me know if you guys want to see a haul from my mini shopping trip!

Thats it for now! Hope you guys enjoyed! Let me know what you guys got in your boxes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment