Monday, May 5, 2014

Lush Mask of Magnaminty

Time for another product review! Today I am going to talk about Lush's Mask of Magnaminty.



This is the first product I have tried from Lush, and I have to say this is absolutely amazing! I heard about this product on several you tube channels and decided I had to see what all the commotion is all about.

This product is a face and body mask that is made of wonderful, rich ingredients.
The first ingredient is Bentonite Gel.  According to the Lush website, bentonite absorbs grease and dirt from the skin, while smoothing fine lines and tightening the skin.
Another main ingredient is Kaolin (China Clay)which is added to help exfoliate the skin.
The full list of ingredients is available on the website, as well as on the container of the product.

Unlike Lush's Fresh Face Mask's, which need to be refrigerated, this mask does NOT need to be refrigerated.  I do think this is one of the benefits of this mask.  I think I would forget about my products if I had to keep them in the fridge in my kitchen (I also don't want facial and body products in my fridge where I keep my food!)

When you open up this container, first thing you notice is the bright green color and little beads.  These 'beads' are actually ground aduki beans which exfoliate and absorb excess dirt and oil.  Next thing thats easily noticeable is the calming fragrance.  I LOVE the scent of this mask.  It has a minty-vanilla scent which is unbelievable soothing and relaxing.  It almost has an aromatherapy like effect on me.

I usually apply this mask 1-2 times a week when my skin needs some extra cleansing or I am starting to break out.  I have noticed that this mask does an amazing job at minimizing redness and inflammation and helps with my acne.

The only con I have for this mask is that one I wash it off, my skin does feel a bit dry.  I always have to moisturize after using the mask.  I was hoping that such a wonderful mask would have some more moisturizing qualities.  But I guess most of the ingredients are supposed to remove excess oil and dirt, which leaves the skin a bit dry anyhow (the mask is clearly doing its job).

After trying (and loving) this product, Ive decided I need to go and try more Lush products.  I also love the philosophy and ethical grounds Lush has.  It really seems like a wholesome company.  (Here are some of there core values).  If any of you have any recommendations on anything to try, let me know in the comments below!


If you wish to purchase the mask click here.

Goodbye for now!!




No comments:

Post a Comment