Friday, May 9, 2014

Sip-N-Glo Juicery Pump Up Shake

Hey guys!

Im back again; this time to talk about this amazing new shake Ive been drinking by Sip-N-Glo Juicery.  I picked up this drink from my yoga studio (which I will be doing another post on later) after a power yoga session to try out.


I was pretty nervous to try out a protein shake like this.  The last packaged protein shake I had tried was one of the Naked Juice ones and I absolutely hated it! You could taste the protein powder with every sip.  This may seem a bit strange but when I was younger and I couldn't swallow medicine pills, my grandmother would crush it up and put it in honey for me to have; it was absolutely disgusting and those Naked drinks reminded me exactly of that.

Anyhow, I decided to pick it up because the ladies at the studio said that everyone loved it and because the nutrition information wasn't as awful as I was expecting. Although it does have 12g of fat, I think thats mostly from the almond milk and the protein powder, so I wasn't too concerned about that.  And it has 25g of protein! Absolutely amazing.  (Theres a picture down below with the nutrition information)  It is a pretty unique drink too.  The only 4 ingredients are listed on the front of the bottle: vanilla protein, chia seeds, cinnamon, and almond milk.  I had never tried chia seeds before either so this was quite the adventure for me.  It was also a bit nerve wracking to buy because it was 8$; pretty steep for a shake in comparison to Naked.



Anyhow, I got home from yoga and went to open up the bottle.  It took me a good minute to loosen it up enough to open.  It was sealed incredibly well.  I apprehensively took my first sip and was pleasantly surprised.  It actually tasted like chai! And there was no powdery protein taste!
The chia seeds added some interesting texture as well.  This drink was absolutely amazing!

And what was great about it was that it actually was filling! I like juicing for lunch whenever I get the chance; especially after gym classes.  It just makes me feel so healthy and fit! But, whenever I have a Naked Juice I always have to have something with it, like a salad.  But this shake was more than enough for lunch!

I will definitely be repurchasing this shake whenever I go to the yoga studio!

I also got curious about this company, so I did some google-ing (that should definitely be a word, I definitely use it quite often)

Sip-N-Glo is a local Philadelphia Juicery which makes a ton of unique juices, smoothies, and protein shakes.  I haven't been to the store yet, but I really want to make a trip out there to try out some of the flavors that aren't kept at my yoga studio! They also offer a cleanse package with various juices, which would also be fascinating to try!

All in all, this was a great find! 
Heres the link to the Juicery in case you guys check it out!


Have a wonderful day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment